- 07-Apr-2017 to 15-May-2017 (PST)
- Physical Therapy
- Leavenworth, WA, USA
- Part Time
16% per hour premium paid in lieu of benefits
Cascade Medical (CM), located in beautiful downtown Leavenworth in the Cascade foothills of Central Washington, has an opening for a part-time Swing Bed Activities/Volunteer Coordinator.
Work Schedule: Up to eight (8.0) hours per week (depending on patient census), Monday thru Friday.
The Swing Bed Activities/Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for performing patient activities assessments and conducting activities (either one-on-one or in a group) with patients admitted to CM's Swing Bed Program. The Coordinator consults with our Activities Director, and recruits and coordinates volunteers to assist with patient activities.
If you like to interact with and help older adults, enjoy crafts and activities, enjoy working as a team, and are looking for a part-time job that allows you to work with members of our community, this may be the perfect opportunity for you!
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Promote an effective patient activities program by completing initial and ongoing training/education.
- Collaborate with the Activities Director to identify program goals and procedures.
- Perform an activities assessment for each patient in CM's Swing Bed Program.
- Document assessment results.
- Plan, coordinate and schedule the activities to be offered/delivered to those patients on whom an activities assessment has been completed.
- Recruit and train volunteers to assist with patient activities.
- Engage in and/or oversee the daily activities with patients and document accordingly.
- Preplan group related activities and provide a calendar schedule of such activities.
- Promote patient goals and identify/provide individualized and therapeutic activities.
- Seek opportunities to expand the variety of activities available and utilize patient feedback to maximize the value of the activities offered.
- High school diploma or equivalent experience required.
- Experience with recreation or rehabilitation services, wellness or a geriatric program is preferred.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in a friendly and professional manner to patients, volunteers, co-workers, the patient's family, etc.
- Must be self-motivated.
- Must possess strong organizational skills.
- Must possess interpersonal skills that align with CM's Shared Values.
For consideration, please complete online application and upload a cover letter of interest w/salary requirements and resume. The position is open immediately and applications will be reviewed as they are submitted.