- 09-Apr-2017 to 19-May-2017 (PST)
- Acute Care Nursing
- Leavenworth, WA, USA
- DOE and WSNA CBA
- Part Time
16% per hour premium paid in lieu of benefits
Cascade Medical (CM), located in beautiful downtown Leavenworth in the Cascade foothills of Central Washington, has an opening for part-time Registered Nurse (RN) in our Endoscopy Department.
The Endoscopy RN is responsible for providing quality patient care while maintaining Standards of Professional Nursing involving assessment, diagnosis, outcome identification, planning, implementation, and evaluation.
Work schedule: The incumbent could work one 10 to 12-hour shift, usually on Thursdays (which may vary depending on business need). Actual hours worked will be based on the number of patients scheduled for procedures.
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinating, performing, observing, or assisting with patient care. This includes lifting and transferring patients and providing personal services to patients, etc.
- Applying safe workplace practices to daily work.
- Completing accurate and timely documentation.
- Effectively interacting with patients, families and co-workers in a friendly and professional manner.
- Providing health education and procedural instructions to patients, while at the same time maintaining an environment which provides the patient and family with feelings of safety and security.
- Using interpersonal skills that align with CM's Shared Values.
- Maintaining a clean, neat and safe environment for patient and staff.
- Actively participating in Quality Assurance/Improvement Program.
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in Endoscopy or Acute Care preferred.
- Must possess a demonstrated knowledge of endoscopy procedures and techniques, along with strict infection control and safety policies.
- Must have a demonstrated knowledge of endoscopy-related anatomy, physiology and pharmacology.
- Must possess a demonstrated knowledge and skill in operating endoscopy devices and equipment utilized at CM.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing (required).
- BSN desired.
- Washington State RN License (required).
- CGRN preferred.
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers "BLS" certification (required)
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support "ACLS" certification (required).
- Procedural Sedation Certification required within 90 days of employment and prior to performing moderate sedation independently.
To apply: Please complete online application and upload resume and cover letter of interest w/salary requirements. Applications will be reviewed as they are received.