- 30-Jan-2017 to 15-May-2017 (PST)
- Leavenworth, WA, USA
- Full Time
Comprehensive benefits package including Health, Dental, Life, etc. insurance; PTO; savings plan, etc.
Cascade Medical, in beautiful downtown Leavenworth in the foothills of the Cascade Mountains, is looking for a Medical Assistant or LPN with excellent customer service skills to work in our outpatient Clinic.
Work Schedule: Five days per week - Monday thru Friday (and occasional Saturday mornings) which are based on the provider's schedule.
- Assist in arranging an efficient physician's schedule and smooth patient care flow.
- Prepare patients for their visit and assist with minor treatments and procedures.
- Process lab, x-ray orders and notify patients of test results as per provider.
- Arrange patient appointments for diagnostic tests, consults, and agency referrals, and obtains approvals from HMO Managed Care as appropriate.
- Approve patient prescription refills per physician guidelines and assist clients in the completion of insurance forms as needed.
- Respond to telephone calls and direct calls appropriately and document action.
- Communicate appropriate information to physicians and other health team members in a timely manner. Collaborate with other nurses and physicians.
- Demonstrate ability and appropriate technical skills when administering treatments and procedures in accordance with physician orders.
- Provide care for patients including administration of medications and/or treatments.
- Accurately charge for patient supplies, medications given, and physician charges within 24 hours of visit.
- Assist with other duties as assigned.
- Current Washington State Certification as a Medical Assistant or LPN.
- Current BLS certification and annual recertification required.
- Prior patient care in a clinic setting is preferred.
- Ability to maintain composure under stress.
- Ability to push, pull and lift medium and heavy weights using proper body mechanics.
To Apply: Please complete an online application and attach a resume and cover letter of interest with salary requirements.